Sunday, June 10, 2007

How Teachers View Technology

I reallywanted to read this article because I have my own opinions on the use of technology in the classroom. I will expand on that at the end of my reaction.

According to this article, most teachers believe the use of computer technology leads to higher student achievement and improved parent-teacher communication. I do agree with this because I hate using a telephone but by putting my grades on my computer parents may access anytime to see their students progress. I also feel student achievement goes up when using technology and this can be seen through my students use of heart monitors this year, they had to stay active in gym.

To have more success with the use of technology we need more computers in schools and more training for all staff. Technology is a part of our society so students access to computer training but they also need hands on training. Book subjects are not for everyone.

No comments: