Friday, June 22, 2007

trouble posting on your blog

Andy I was having posting my comments this time to your blog so I hope this is ok posting on my blog. Maybe next time I can get it to work on your blog.

To respond to your first of question, I believe you can be very ethical and not be religious.Ethics are basically man made laws. They have a small background in religion but man twists them enough to meet his needs. Religion says we shall not kill but many cultures use execution as a form of punishment.

All societies can be ethical. It does not matter if you are a Christian. You can still live a good life and abide by laws set down and be an extremely ethical person. I would tell groups it is ok to practice what your culture says as long as it does no harm to someone else. No one has the right to hurt any other person, I do not care where you are.

To define ethics I used the American Heritage Dictionary, Third Edition-it is a set of principles of right conduct. That right conduct is going to vary from culture to culture. Religion is going to be different worldwide but all people can be ethical.

I used several sites to back my opinions with 2 articles from Chabad.org. The titles of these were, Can a person be good without being spiritual and Where do ethics come from. My personal experience with my Dad showed me you can be very ethical without being religious.

No comments: